Friday, April 18, 2008

Misunderstanding

The misunderstanding was between Phil and me, while I was writing the post last night, I said: 'I'm just going to brush me teeth, I'll finish the post afterwards' and Phil understood: 'I finished writing the post, can you publish it for me please?'

No comment.

And this is why the last post is not finished. I was going to put a picture of the actual car and I was going to explain what we bought to keep us warm at night. And to keep us warm, we went to Ikea. Yes, the Swedes have almost taken over the whole world, there are Ikeas in Australasia (and by the way, the meat balls taste just the same and it even smell the same way as in Europe. They are basically symmetrical to the Ikeas back home (the line of symmetry being, of course, the equator). There, we bought blankets and pillows and a potato peeler. Potatoes=mash=comfort eating=keeping us warm. Logical.

So, here we are, ready to go and say goodbye to rainy Sydney. We're not too sad to leave as the weather has been foul for the last week. We have even taken to sleep with a blanket for the last 3 days (as opposed to just a sheet).
We'll be sad to say good bye to our 2 favourite cats in the world, Lucky and Notso. Notso, the brown one, is so small, we think we can smuggle her into our suitcase. I have made the most of hot showers and a real bed recently, knowing that the next real bed we'll sleep in will be in Brisbane, right a the end of our journey, at our friends' house, Peter and Terrii. We are off, to the Blue Mountains (though the clouds will probably swallow up the view and I'll be left with my camera and tripod, waiting for my wife to make a cup of tea for me). A wopping 100kms away! (Ouh, la, la, quelle aventure!) We hope to be back on your screens soon enough, meanwhile, Bisous et a bientot.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ??Lucky and Notso, your" two favourite cats in the world" ?!
We cannot believe that ! Don't even think of coming back Rue Molière, méchante Julie; or we will kick your ass !

Orphée, Schamallow and Sahteen.
(et même Bidibule, Minibulle et Ulysse depuis l'au delà)

Nom d'un chat en mousse !

Martine said...

Je debarque enfin sur votre blog...! quelles aventures !
je vous embrasse fort